We speak in-house to your employees.
We teach them:
- how to best perform their duties without injuring their backs and necks
- how to set up their work stations to prevent back and neck injury
- efficiency without injury
Why use a back-safety consultant?
- Lower back problems cause employees to miss 93 MILLION workdays a year
- States pay SEVERAL BILLION dollars in workman's comp benefits annually
- Back and neck pain is frequently the leading cause of workman's comp claims
- 5 BILLION in health care costs result from back pain EVERY YEAR in the United States
- Most low back injuries are not caused by one incident, but rather from an aggregate of constant, small weight-bearing tasks performed incorrectly
Does back-safety consulting save money?
- "For every dollar spent on wellness programs by employers, medical costs were reduced by about $3.27 and absenteeism costs reduced about $2.73..."(Chicago Sun-Times, Aug. 2011)
- Wellness programs provide between $3-$6 return on investment for every dollar spent (Chicago Sun-Times, Aug. 2011).
- A study performed in the airline industry showed the cost of back related injuries for employees attending a back strengthening group was only $206 per participant, compared to $4,883 per non-participant.
- Another study demonstrated a decrease in sick leave due to musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, from 5.3% to 3.1% and a decrease in employee turnover from 30.1% to 7.6%, after the employees attended an ergonomics talk.